As an organization engaged in commercial activities, we are committed to complying with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (Canada) (“PIPEDA
”), and with any other Canadian and provincial privacy laws applicable to our operations.
- INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT FROM YOU
- We may also collect some personal information through system logs and cookies. For further information on our practices in relation to cookies, please refer to section 4 below.
- USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- You agree that we may use your Personal Information to let you know about our other products and services that may be of interest to you including but not limited to services that may be the subject of direct marketing and we may contact you to do so by telephone, SMS, as well as by e-mail and social media. It is always your choice whether to continue receiving such marketing materials and updates from Sirved and if you no longer wish to receive such information, you should refer to the unsubscribe process on our Website, newsletter and email communications.
- You agree that we may also share Personal Information with third parties, including without limitation those in the food, drink, leisure, marketing and advertising sectors, which may use your Personal Information in order to let you know about goods and services which may be of interest to you (by post, telephone, mobile messaging (e.g. SMS, MMS etc.), social media and/or e-mail) and to help us analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our business and services to you. Personal Information shared with such third parties will be used in accordance with such third parties’ own privacy practices which Sirved does not have control over so you should review such privacy practices before agreeing to have your Personal Information shared with such third parties.
- If you do not want us to use your data in this way or change your mind about being contacted in the future, please let us know by using the contact details set out in section 8 below and/or amending the permissions section of your profile accordingly.
- Please note that by submitting Reviews regarding the Website, the Service and/or Restaurants, you irrevocably consent to us using such Reviews on the Website and in any marketing or advertising materials without any compensation whatsoever. We will only identify you for this purpose by your first name and the city in which you reside (and any other information that you may from time to time consent to us disclosing).
- In addition to the other permissions granted herein or otherwise, you grant Sirved permission to use your Personal Information to:
- Manage your Account;
- Facilitate the Services;
- Marketing of Restaurants, Services, and other promotions;
- Facilitate analysis of and improvements to the Website;
- Aggregate data related to visitation and use of the Website; and
- Facilitate the business relationships of Sirved, including without limitation, sale of part or all of our business, joint ventures, and financing of our business.
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- If you have consented we allow selected third parties, including marketing and advertising companies, our affiliates and associates, to contact you about other products or services that may be of interest to you. They may contact you by post, telephone, mobile messaging (e.g. SMS, MMS, etc.) as well as by e-mail or social media. If you change your mind about being contacted by these companies in the future, please let us know by using the contact details set out in section 8 below and/or by amending your profile accordingly.
- We may use the Personal Information that you provide to us if we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Information in order to comply with (and/or where we believe we are under a duty to comply with) any applicable legal obligation; or in order to enforce the Website Terms and any other agreement we have with you. This includes exchanging Personal Information with other companies and other organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and prevention.
- Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer when you visit a website and which store and sometimes track information about your use of the site. A number of cookies we use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are only used where you ask us to remember your login details for when you next return to the site and will last for a longer duration.
- Some of the cookies used by our Website are served by us, and some are served by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. Please note that by blocking or deleting cookies used on our Website you may not be able to take full advantage of our Website if you do so.
- We are continually striving to develop improved ways of managing your cookie preferences. As new technologies and solutions emerge, the cookies policy set forth in this section 4 may be updated to reflect any such advances in technology and preference management tools.
- SECURITY AND DATA RETENTION
- We take technical, administrative and physical security steps designed to protect your Personal Information from unauthorised access and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We have implemented procedures designed to limit the dissemination of your Personal Information to only personnel with a business "need-to-know" or whose duties reasonably require such information.
- Where you have chosen a password which allows you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We advise you not to share your password with anyone. Unless we negligently disclose your password to a third party, we will not be liable for any unauthorised transactions entered into using your name and password.
- ACCESSING AND UPDATING
- You have the right to see the Personal Information we hold about you ("Access Request") and to ask us to make any changes to ensure that it is accurate and up to date. Upon receipt of your written request, we will, within a reasonable time, provide you with a copy of your Personal Information, although in certain limited circumstances we may not be able to make all relevant information available to you, such as where that information also pertains to another user. In such circumstances we will provide reasons for the denial to you upon request. We will endeavour to deal with all requests for access and modifications in a timely manner. We will advise you in writing if we cannot meet your requests within this time limit.
- If you wish to do this, please contact us using the contact details set out in section 8 below. We will charge you a fee to meet our administrative costs in providing this information to you.
- Please note that we may request that you provide sufficient identification before we provide you with the Personal Information that we hold. Any such identifying information shall be used only for this purpose.
- You can help by keeping us informed of any changes such as a change of delivery address for Orders or telephone number. If you would like to access your information, if you have any comments, queries and requests relating to our use of your Personal Information or if you find any errors in our information about you, please contact us at email@example.com.
- WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT (DATA DELETION)
- Where you have provided your consent to the collection, use, and transfer of your personal information, you may have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, use the following options:
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Use the "Delete your account" feature located under "Settings" in your User Profile. Deleting your account will delete all your user data. The action is irreversible.
- Please note that if you withdraw your consent we may not be able to provide you with a particular product or service. We will explain the impact to you at the time to help you with your decision.
- This Site is affiliated with CMI Marketing, Inc., d/b/a CafeMedia (“CafeMedia”) for the purposes of placing advertising on the Site, and CafeMedia will collect and use certain data for advertising purposes. To learn more about CafeMedia’s data usage, click here: www.cafemedia.com/publisher-advertising-privacy-policy